The VIA cellular bone matrices are viable allogeneic bone allografts intended for use in bone remodeling. Each VIA product contains the three key elements that are ideal for bone formation:
- An osteoconductive three-dimensional scaffold with cortical and cancellous components.
- A demineralized bone scaffold with osteoinductive potential which provides exposure of signaling molecules and bone morphogenetic proteins.1
- Bone-derived cells to support osteogenic healing processes.
The VIA product line is prepared with a novel DMSO-free cryoprotectant, which provides dependable cell identity and the ability to sustain cell viability post-thaw. Final preparation of the cell and bone components yields a product that provides osteoconductive, osteoinductive, and osteogenic properties to enhance the patient’s innate healing response.
- Four (4) unique scaffold blends for optimal handling characteristics: VIA Graft, VIA Graft Moldable, VIA Form, VIA Form Moldable.
- Proprietary, optimized bone microparticulate size range of 100-300 µm.2
- Novel DMSO-free cryoprotectant, with no rinsing and decanting steps required prior to use.
- Convenient handling and preparation in the OR, with total preparation time on the back table less than 20 minutes.
- Four (4) hour working window for implantation after thaw without loss of cell viability.
- Product shelf-life is two (2) years from date of processing when stored at -65°C or colder.
Potential Clinical Applications
- Upper Extremity
- Foot and Ankle
- Oral and Maxillofacial
- Orthopaedic Oncology